RULES FOR 2023
Please note: Some rules may differ slightly from EU Rules in accordance with South African Fishing regulations. Please like and follow the facebook page for any major announcements https://www.facebook.com/worldcarpclassicSA/?ref=bookmarks
Important Rules for 2023
- Campsites must have sanitizer
- All participants must submit a copy of their fishing licence & ID doc upon Registration.
- Boat inspections will take place between 6 – 8am on Sunday morning. Please ensure you have all required equipment ready before 6am.
- Competition starts at 9am on Sunday 1 November and ends on Friday 6 November 9am.
- Only 4 Rods per team are allowed
- Fish qualifying weight: 7kg
- No angler may enter the neighbouring peg at any stage during the competition
- No loud music whatsoever – Immediate disqualification
- Masks are required
- No Rubbish allowed – Camps must be clean at all times – Each team responsible for its own rubbish removal after the tournament
- All pegs must have portable toilet (porta potti)
- All pegs will have a angling direction indicator
- Food, Wood, Ice, Cold Drinks and Braaipacks will be available at the kiosk at Base
- Open fires must be secure and safe at all times. Marshals have to approve your fire pit before the fire is lit.
- Toilets & Showers must be kept clean at all times.
- Only 3 Anglers are allowed per team – No Helper (4th person) allowed in the team.
- Maximum boat motor size is 9.8hp
- Life jackets must be worn at all times. Should an angler enter the water without one will result in Immediate disqualification.
- Camps must be set up on the waterside of the Emergency Road in front of the trees.
- Speed limit on gravel road is 20km/ph
- No Alcohol abuse will be tolerated
- No Arguments will be tolerated
- Please adhere to all Marshall and Media team instructions at all times
- Teams are to establish boundary lines upon arrival at the peg.
The SA Carp Classic will adhere to the WCC Rules & Regulations – To view the rules click here
For Example: Small Petrol powered outboard motors are allowed – up to 9.8hp
For any uncertainty please email: firstname.lastname@example.org – also note that a Q&A session will take place during the opening ceremony